People who haven’t driven through DC Ranch, often ask me “why would one pay a premium for DC Ranch?” Well, there are so many reasons. Where should I begin?
The Top 10 Reasons Why DC Ranch is one of the Best Communities in North Scottsdale:
1) The McDowell Mountains – You have a playground in your backyard for adults and kids alike. The trails in DC Ranch lead right into the McDowell Mountains. Hiking, mountain biking, and some of the most breath taking views in the world. Depending on the time of day, the mountains can be a myriad of colors-orange at sunrise, bright green during a spring day, purple at sunset. My favorite is watching the fall moon rise over the mountains. It looks like a movie set as you can watch it rise quickly above the mountains.
2)The Landscape and the Parkway – DC Ranch is laid out with some of the most beautiful desert landscaping in all of Scottsdale. As you meander down Thompson Peak Parkway, you’ll enjoy the view of towering saguaros, mesquite trees, palo verde trees, and preserved natural washes. Soak in the stunning beauty of Arizona when the wildflowers bloom and offer an array of colors to entertain the eyes-mexican gold poppies, brittlebush, desert marigolds and globemallows often decorate the Parkway.
3) Community Centers – 2 community centers are available for use by residents of DC Ranch – the Desert Camp Community Center and the Homestead Community Center. The Desert Camp CC sits on 9-acres and offers a variety of amenities to residents including a heated swimming pool, fitness room, 2 lighted tennis courts, basketball court, playground area for the kids and much more. The Homestead CC is a bit smaller, sitting on 4 acres, and offering a basketball court, demonstration kitchen, community theater, kids’ play land and more. Both offer fun activities for the family including movie nights, bridge club, story time, fitness programs and many more social activities for the entire family!
4) Restaurants – Do you like a dry-aged prime ribeye and a nice glass of red wine? Or maybe you prefer Idaho trout with almond butter green beans? Many popular restaurants are located in the DC Ranch area and offer a great variety of meal choices for your family. A few on Market Street in DC Ranch include Flemings Prime Steakhouse, Market Street Kitchen, Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, Armitage Bistro and Wine Lounge, The Herb Box and The Breakfast Joynt. Located nearby are Lush Burger and Ciao Grazie.
5) Boutiques – DC Ranch offers a variety of unique shopping boutiques and specialty stores. While enjoying the beautiful Arizona weather, shoppers can stroll down Market Street and stop in several boutiques including Sunology, iboutique, Baby Lux, Airpark Bikes and L’Hermitage Couture Clothing Boutique.
6) Par Exsalonance – Scottsdale’s premier salon and day spa is located in the heart of DC Ranch. Open since 1988, this salon offers hair services, nail services and a day spa that makes each visit exceptional.
7) Views – The DC Ranch area offers some of the most magical and breathtaking views in the Valley of the Sun. Take a walk on a nearby trail and watch the beautiful colors of the rising sun or sit on your balcony in the evening while enjoying the setting sun. Gorgeous mountain views surround the area and amazing city lights of the greater Phoenix area can be seen in the evening.
8) Sense of Community – DC Ranch is a 4,400-acre community located adjacent to Scottsdale’s McDowell Sonoran Preserve in north Scottsdale. Every DC Ranch resident feels a part of a connected and welcoming community that instills pride and a sense of belonging for its residents. The DC Ranch Community Council provides communications, events, and opportunities to nurture meaningful relationships with the greater community. There are opportunities for civic, cultural, educational, social, philanthropic and recreational involvement within the community as well. The DC Ranch Community Foundation is a non-profit aspect to DC Ranch which insures that philanthropic initiatives meet the community vision and values that have been laid out by the residents of DC Ranch.
9) Proximity to Golf – DC Ranch is home to two classically-designed courses: the Country Club at DC Ranch and Silverleaf golf courses. Each with an elegant, private club, that offer challenging play against a backdrop of white sand bunkers, dramatic mountain vistas and city views. Within a short drive of DC Ranch are several other golf courses open to everyone, including the TPC Scottsdale (home to the Waste Management Phoenix Open), Grayhawk Golf Club and Troon North Golf Club. All offer exceptional courses for a thrilling game of golf while taking in the panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains and the beautiful scenery of the southwest.
10) The Village at DC Ranch – An exceptional fitness experience is waiting for you. The Village offers the ideal blend of fitness, fun and relaxation, offering facilities and programs for all ages. You’ll find a full service day spa and salon, a separate wing for children which includes a junior basketball court, kid’s club, nursery and outdoor play area, organized mountain bike rides, a member’s business office, private meeting rooms, cafe and pro shop boutique. Try it out as their guest and you will definitely want to go back!