The Top 10 Reasons Why Grayhawk is one of the Best Communities in North Scottsdale:
Grayhawk is a beautiful community located in one of the country’s most desirable places to live – North Scottsdale.
Grayhawk features over 3,700 homes in many interconnected neighborhoods with gorgeous views of Pinnacle Peak and the McDowell Mountains.
1) Family Amenities – Grayhawk offers numerous amenities for the entire family including: picnic areas, barbecue pavilions, neighborhood swimming pools, basketball courts and tennis courts. Numerous playgrounds or “tot lots” are sprinkled throughout the neighborhoods as well. Plus a constantly evolving community events calendar with something for everyone – family bbqs, movie nights, daddy-daughter dance, golf outings, holiday parties and more!
2) Bike Trails and Hiking – The community offers over 30 miles of bike trails and hiking throughout Grayhawk. Plus, beautiful greenbelts to walk the dog or take a short run. Within a short driving distance are the beautiful McDowell Mountains and numerous trails to spend a relaxing Saturday morning in the amazing Arizona weather.
3) Boys and Girls Club – The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale provides youth development services that instill strong core values and life enhancing skills in a safe environment. The programs help promote healthy lifestyles, good character and academic success. The Thunderbirds Branch opened in Grayhawk in 2001 to meet the growing population demands in the Grayhawk neighborhood of North Scottsdale. A full-service dedicated facility, the branch services Grayhawk Elementary, Pinnacle Peak Elementary, Copper Ridge Elementary & Middle and Mountain Trail Middle School for children ages 6 – 18 years.
4) Restaurants – Other than it’s stunning beauty, North Scottsdale is also know for it’s incredible restaurants and dining experiences. From casual meals with the family to great date-night spots, you’ll find a variety in the Grayhawk area. Pure Sushi, Local Bistro, and Tavern Americana are great spots for dinner for the adults. Cold Beers and Cheeseburgers, The Grind, Phil’s Grill and Isabella’s offer TVs and everything needed to enjoy a meal with friends on the weekend. For a quick family meal, stop in at Pei Wei, Chipotle, Which Wich, Barro’s Pizza or Juan Jaime’s for a tasty and affordable meal. Breakfast at The Good Egg is always a treat, and don’t forget dessert at one of the yogurt shops or Cold Stone Creamery. Of course, there’s a Starbucks too!
5) Shopping – Two convenient neighborhood shopping centers are located within the Grayhawk community. Hayden Peak Crossing offers a Fry’s Signature Store, a grocery shopping experience like no other, including fresh sushi, a wine-tasting bar, beers on tap and so much more! The center also offers many restaurants, day spas, Heidi’s Boutique, Optics of Scottsdale, Sumits Yoga, dental services and more. Grayhawk Plaza offers numerous shops and services for everyday use. A hair salon, nail salon, yoga studio, dance studio, tanning salon, veterinarian, bank, drug store, pool store and more make this shopping center a frequent stop for residents to check everything off their to-do list.
6) SHC Hospital – Scottsdale Healthcare Thompson Peak is a patient- family centered medical-surgical hospital. The Valley’s first hospital north of the Loop 101 freeway is located near the northeast corner of Scottsdale Road and Thompson Peak Parkway. Dedicated specialties include: Vascular, Gynecology, Oncology, Orthopedics / Spine, Urology, and Minimally Invasive General Surgery.
7) Views – The beautiful Sonoran desert surrounds the Grayhawk area and the views of the rugged McDowell Mountains are often breathtaking at sunrise. Saguaros and palo verdes highlight evening walks and colorful wildflowers bloom almost year-round. In the distance, the city lights of Phoenix can be seen along with the beauty of Camelback Mountain.
8) Two Exceptional City Parks – Located within the community is Grayhawk Park, offering 13 spacious acres with 2 baseball fields (lighted), a playground, 2 full basketball courts (lighted), 2 tennis courts (lighted), 2 sand volleyball courts (lighted), 2 soccer fields and large open turf areas. Thompson Peak Park is also centrally located, and offers 2 basketball courts (lighted), 4 softball fields (lighted) and a shaded playground. Something for everyone!
9) Proximity to Golf – Grayhawk Golf Club offers the public two exceptional courses – Talon and Raptor – both providing unique challenges as they wind through north Scottsdale’s spectacular Sonoran desert. Grayhawk is also home to a number of amenities and activities that naturally spin off of the lifestyle aspect of the game from the “hang” in Phil’s Grill to the shopping experience in the Golf Shop and Trading Company. Within a short drive are several other golf courses open to everyone, including the TPC Scottsdale (home to the Waste Management Phoenix Open) and Troon North Golf Club. Both offer exceptional courses for a thrilling game of golf while taking in the panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains and the beautiful scenery of the southwest.
10) 2 Great Schools – Grayhawk Elementary School is a public school centrally located for K-6th grade students. Opening in 1998, Grayhawk is proud to be an excelling school in the Paradise Valley Unified School District and one of only a few schools in the state to be a Core Knowledge visitation site. For residents interested in private school, Eldorado Private School is located next to Grayhawk Elementary, and offers academics for preschool through 8th grade students.
Browse: Home / Grayhawk Community